Friday, February 19, 2010

Depression in Paradise

Well, here's the thing. Is depression actually possible in Thailand? I'm currently broke and jobless, but for some reason, I don't feel the overwhelming hopelessness I did back in the United States. Maybe this is due to the fact that Thais in general don't take life too seriously. Why care about things that you cannot change? That said, I have not been updating this site recently, because I've been busy trying to find a job/ impress my bosses at this intern type thing I'm doing so I can get a paid position.

What irks me is that I have a high amount of skill for teaching. I've been at it for years. Besides English, I speak fluent German and I can also speak, read, write, and understand Thai to some degree. How many good-looking 25 year old Americans can schools find that know Thai as well? It certainly makes explaining the basics easier. If Thai teachers disagreed with this point, they wouldn't teach English using Thai 99 percent of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment