Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Arrival in Thailand

I left Milwaukee, Wisconsin with anxiety disorder and a light jacket on (it was a balmy 50 degrees outside)in anticipation of arriving 20 odd hours later on the other side of the planet. There isn't much to say about my flight, other than I was lucky to be seated between nice people. I should add I had to connect in Detroit, Michigan, but that was a short flight from Milwaukee (across the lake). I was supposed to have a direct flight to Japan, but someone needed medical attention, so we had an hour layover in Edmonton, Canada. The flight to Japan was about 12 hours. I was quite impressed by the speed and efficiency of Narita airport. Then, I got on my flight to Bangkok. Now, I had a girlfriend back home at the time, but certainly I'd be blind not to notice how stunning the Thai flight attendants were. After another 6.5 hrs, I was in Bangkok. I went through Suvarnabuhmi rather easily and then stepped out into the Bangkok night air at around 11:30 p.m. Now, I'm used to that time of day being chillier. Well, it was the hottest month of the hot season (April)and chilly for Bangkok at that time is apparently mid 90s. If you've stood next to an oven after being in air con, you will understand what I felt when I walked outside. It was like walking into a sauna. I went to my hotel, learned Thai for "smoke a cigarette" was approached by hookers for a threesome, and tried to go to sleep, but the excitement of being in Bangkok made it so I could not sleep. So I stayed up, thinking how cool it was to be here.

2 comments:

  1. so you were approached by a hooker for a threesome...did you do that then? แอ้

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not slept in quite a long time. As tempting as it was, I was not thinking along sexual lines. I had incredible insomnia and a casual encounter is the last thing from my mind when I have insomnia. Also, I heard about ladyboys, and didn't wish to make any mistakes.

    ReplyDelete